Categories
LIFE

EVERYONE AND THEIR MUMS ARE ON ONLYFANS

OnlyFans, it’s an online subscription service where content creators earn money from users to subscribe to their content, known as ‘fans’. This subscription is done on a monthly basis as well as tips and pay per view.

Lucy, aged 24, a new mother, started an OnlyFans to compensate for the money she lost when she went on maternity leave, and to pass time by doing something fun. 

• Why did you start an OnlyFans?

“OnlyFans for some extra money really. I’d been off work for 7 months, had a baby during this time and only returned to work part time. I also moved out of my family home with my fiancé into our first flat so of course we now have mortgage and bills to pay on top of our first child. It seemed like there was lots of people doing OnlyFans and making a good amount of money so I thought why not.”

• What kind of things do you post?

“When I first created my page, I only posted photos of myself in underwear. I also avoided having my face in these photos too, due to not being sure on how the page works and to protect myself slightly. Now I post mainly topless photos and videos but also the odd completely nude photo or video”.

• How does the platform work? How do you interact with people?

“When you create your profile you are required to upload a cover photo, profile picture and username/display name. All videos and photos are then displayed in a grid on my profile and home page/newsfeed. You can then upload as many photos and videos as you like, and these will go straight onto the newsfeed for your followers to see. When setting up the page you can decide whether your page is free to view, or subscription. Currently mine is subscription only and anyone that subscribes can see all content posted. The page owner also gets to decide how much a monthly subscription is. When posting photos and videos, you can also add a fee on this those subscribers have to page to view the photo or video. This can be done on paid or free profiles. In order to comment or direct message creators, you must have a profile yourself and subscribe to the creators’ profile. Subscribers can then direct message me or comment on my photos and I can respond to anyone I choose. You can also like messages and photos and send tips via message”.

• How much money do you make?

“I don’t have a set amount of money I make a month or week, and this fluctuates often. Within the first two weeks of creating my profile I earned £1000, however since then I have rarely used the platform so only made around £800 in around 6 months. This is via monthly subscriptions and requests made from subscribers. I think if I was to be a creator full time, I would probably earn around £1000 a month, however with a child and part time work, this is very hard to do so I just do it when I can”.

• What equipment do you use to take your pictures?

“My set up is pretty basic. I only use my iPhone 12 and a ring light to take my photos. Occasionally my fiancé does assist with some photos which makes it easier. My ring light also has a remote control which connects to my phone so photos can be taken easily remotely instead of clicking the button the phone each time”.

Follow us on Instagram to tell us what you think.